How do you learn to love yourself?

I am in a time of metanoia. I am working on changing my heart, mind, self and way of life. I am trying to learn to love myself, to learn to appreciate my body and to be thankful for everything my body does for me. I am working on looking at my body for all it's strengths and not just all the flaws. I am evaluating how I treat myself physically and mentally. I know it is time for me to change, and while it is hard for me I am committed to making it happen.
 
Some of the changes will be easy, or at least easier. Always when I am craving change the first thing to be effected is my hair. I was at first reluctant to take out any of the length, but I am reconsidering. I have a tendency to hide behind my hair, and it may be time to take that away for a while. I am thinking I may want to do an asymmetrical bob. I have been flirting with it since before the wedding, and I think it is time to jump. I am thinking this could happen as soon as next week.
 
I am also planning to get my next tattoos in the next month or so. I am looking at getting essentially two half sleeves of Odin's ravens. I have the artist chosen, and hope to give him a deposit and get them started by my birthday in March. I know absolutely that I want the Ravens, their names probably in English and German, and past that I am trusting Zach to make them amazing, and giving him the canvas of my full upper arms to work with.
 
In January I began taking American Tribal Style belly dance from Sacred Shimmy Belly Dance. I love it entirely, and I want to keep taking it. I love the way the movements make me feel, and the amazing sisterhood that is such a giant part of ATS. I also signed up to take a workshop in march with Paulette Rees-Denis, which I am ridiculously excited about. I always doubt my abilities too much to take workshops, or master classes, but I am making myself get out of my comfort zone to do something I think will be really good for me. I feel good.
 
I am a work in progress, but I feel like I may actually be making progress. Maybe change is good.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Sounds like an exciting time for you! Can't wait to see this new tattoo (and hair)!
Indy said…
Belly dancing sounds like so much fun! What a great way to get in touch with your body :)

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Betsy's Gypsy Dreams