Staying positive, Falling off the wagon and a Get off your Broom update.

So... there has been a bit of a shake up in our little world recently. Seth found out a week or so ago that as of January 1 he no longer has a job in the school district he has been working in for the last 5 years. They had a massive budget shortfall this year and after a ridiculous double levy (property and income tax hikes) didn't pass they cut almost all extracurricular activities and the 26 custodians with the least seniority, of which Seth was number 13. I know we will make it through this, and hopefully he can find a job relatively fast, but the timing is awful. With the holidays and being in the middle of solidifying plans for and beginning to pay for the wedding. I'm keeping as positive as possible, but it's hard not to be a little stressy with the economy and such.

That being said last week was not my best week diet wise. I hate to say that I let the stress take me off track, but I totally did. The fact that it was finals week just compounded the crazy. I was trying to sleep more, so I wasn't getting up early to work out, so with the week off I took for  my new piercings that means that I took two weeks off from daily exercise. *head desk* As of this morning though I am back to my morning routine, and already feeling better. Which am good.

The results of my week + of super stressing
Weight: 209 (not too bad considering)
Waist: 38.25
Bust: 45.5
Hips: 43
Right Thigh: 22.75
Right Bicep: 14

Really for all of the feeling like I was spiraling down I didn't actually come out too badly. It could have been so much worse. And I am feeling back on track now.

And for the week 11 challenge: What is health?

To me health is being able to take the steps to 5 at work without dying. It is being able to do Warrior Dash in under an hour next year. It is hearing from my Dr that I am no longer borderline thyroid disorder, and that my blood tests are perfectly healthy. It is reaching the weight that my Dr and I discussed and decided was best for me (which is not the weight that is recommended for my height, but actually about 30 pounds heavier than that. Talk to your Dr about it, you may be surprised with what they say.)



Comments

Diandra said…
Ouch, that sucks. I'm holding a thumb for your guy finding a new job soon!

As for the rest... at least you did not give up. That's gotta count for something!
Toriz said…
Sorry to hear about that; things will work out though... They always do, one way or another! *Hugs*

The weight my doctor recommended for me is about 30lbs more than the "recommended" weight for my height too. I'm still finding it tricky to get down to it though. I've discovered one of my main triggers is stress; when I started stressing about losing the weight again I put back on most of what I'd lost. Then I stopped the GOYB challenge and stopped stressing over it, and I feel a bit better about things, plus I've lost some of it again.

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Betsy's Gypsy Dreams