Phew...

I spent today studying and winding down from the exciting weekend I had.

On Friday night Seth and I went with his parents to dinner at bd's mongolian barbecue, which is always yummy, and then went to watch the Columbus Blue Jackets play the Colorado Avalanche. I love hockey, and this was the first game I had been to where Columbus won. w00t.

After the game we met my mom and sister at home, and we all headed downtown to Wall Street Lounge for the Red Light Girlie Lounge burlesque show. Really it was a series of three burlesque shows spread over a few hours. And... in the first show came the beautiful Ciara Mist, a gorgeous drag queen who had a couple of fantastic numbers. And what does that mean... yep I took care of two items from my list in one amazing and glittering swoop. Here are some of the less risque pictures from the show. It was a fantastic show and makes me want to do burlesque.
The host - Holly Hahn

Beautiful Belly-Dancer Jennifer Chandler


Pandora Foxx

Cherry LaVoix

Kat Colorful

Ciara Mist


And finally the lovely Viva Valezz


On Saturday, after sleeping in a bit, we ran to the post office to get the Tim Burton Swap package in the mail. I am really happy with how everything turned out. If you are jeannebaby1 I would stop reading now, because there is a spoiler ahead. Here are the photos of what I crafted for my partner. 

Mrs. Lovett's Cuffs

A Jack Skellington Scarf


An assorted film envelope book... this is just one page.

A Beetlejuice shrinky dink necklace

A Sleepy Hollow cell phone charm

And Lydia's Vanity Box


I sincerely hope she likes everything. I had so much fun putting it together. 

Later Saturday night we got all dressed up and went out to celebrate valentine's day. First to Taj Palace, where I had my first Indian food, which I loved. Then to the Schottenstein center to see Cirque du Soliel Dralion. The show was amazing. I sat with wide eyes and an open mouth through the whole show. It was just visually amazing. I will definitely be going to another of their shows. Stunning. We bought two programs from the show, one for me because I collect them and one to have framed and hang in the living room. It was generally a fantastic night and a great valentine's celebration!! 





And as a wrap up...

1) Go Sledding (we're researching hills, so it should happen soon)
2) Fly a Kite
3) Paintball/ Lazer Tag
4) See Cirque du Soliel (Feb 12)
5) Go to Burlesque Show
6) Go to Drag Show
7) Go to Columbus Museum of Art
8) Go to Gallery Hop
9) Get a Massage
10) Get craft room set up in attic. (Have started little by little)
11) Read/listen to 10 books I have never read (I am up to 9 read)
12) Set up a functional work out schedule
13) Learn to resin cast
14) Update scrapbooks to current (I have fallen behind this year)
15) Learn to solder.
16) Do a personal swap on Craftster
17) Post 10 items to Craftster Boards
18) Craft at least 12 items
19) Buy risque undergarments
20) Hit 60 pounds lost
21) Get a daring hair cut
22) Try Indian food.
23) Have a really good photo taken
24) Go get a makeover in Sephora
25) Get a City of Heroes Character to 40 (currently level 35)
26) Plan a big birthday party (The date is set, just gotta work on the rest)
27) Dare to wear a pencil skirt.
28) Have eyebrows waxed
29) Go rollerskating at least once every 2 weeks
30) Craft at least 5 items for myself. 


Comments

Danni said…
It sounds like you had an amazing weekend, what a way to celebrate Valentine's. :)

I looked over your list again and realized, I've never flown a kite either!
Róisín said…
Wow, you have been a busy bee! Sounds like it was all fantastic fun, and you've made me quite hungry with all your chat of food...mmm, Indian. Oh, and don't worry for an instant whether your swap partner will like what you made for her - it's all fantastic! Hope your having a lovely day x
AlphaBetsy said…
@Danni- if you lived closer I would tell you to come fly kites with me. :)

@Roisin- Thanks for the compliment.
Oh I love all those crafty Tim Burton things!!

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Betsy's Gypsy Dreams