Two Nights in Newark (Ohio) - Part 1

I grew up and spent the majority of my life in Newark, OH which is a town about 40 miles East of Columbus. This past weekend I spent not one, but two consecutive nights in my hometown.

Friday night Seth and I went down to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Violet Flame Gifts, a pagan shop that is run by my friend and one time teacher Heather Killen. She taught the Wicca 101 class that got me started in the craft oh so long ago. She also is one of the founders of the Earth Warriors Festival, an adult only pagan festival for all walks that will be held Sept 26-29. For the shops anniversary Heather got Sharon Knight to do a backyard concert. I bought a couple of things from Heather's shop: some of her amazing handmade soaps, a small bound spell scroll, and the book Fairy Tale Rituals by Kenny Klein. The concert followed and was absolutely beautiful. If you have never heard Sharon, go check her out, you will not regret it.








It was a great night with great people. Congratulations on 10 years Heather and Violet Flame!! 



Comments

Queenie Believe said…
Its wonderful to celebrate with friends happy anniversaries.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie
Magaly Guerrero said…
You get to go home, celebrate a friend and listen to Sharon Knight. Yum!

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Betsy's Gypsy Dreams