Welcome to 2011...

Do you remember when you were younger and anything after the year 2000 seemed distant and impossible? Some of you may not, but I do...I remember expecting that by now we would be living in the world of the Jetsons. It's alternately disappointing and relieving that we are not.

I had a good NYE spent with both old friends and new. We started the night at my friends Bobbi and Rachel's house. They both looked amazing and they had fantastic foods, drinks and dance music. We got there at 8 and stayed till about 11:15. At that point we headed across time to the System Slave, my friend Jerry's industrial band, house show and party. Also a great time, I didn't know as many of the party goers personally, but the band sounded great and I got to drink some Jaeger with our friend Cliff. We got home sometime in the 3 o'clock hour and went to bed.



On NYD we got up and made lunch, then watched the movie KickAss which I had gotten Seth for Christmas. It's a good movie but more serious and darker than I expected. I definitely liked it though. Hit Girl is amazing, albeit a little disturbing. It's worth a watch. When the movie was over I turned on Gypsy with Bette Midler on Netflix streaming and sang along while taking down all my Holiday Decorations. I start school this week so I knew they had to come down now, or it might be weeks before I get to it. It also had to come down because we are going to be having a party here in the next couple of weeks and I wanted all that down before that. For dinner we had pork chops, garlic mashed potatoes and sauerkraut, it was sooo good. Mmmm.

Today we had our final Christmas party, this time with my family. We decided rather than buying for everyone this year we would have a sock exchange. It was really nice, we met at 10 and did a family brunch and it was just a really great time.

Well it's officially the new year and it's time for me to buckle down and start getting the items checked off of my 30 things list. I have 29 items on the list now, but that last elusive thing is haunting me. Argh.

1) Go Sledding
2) Fly a Kite
3) Paintball
4) See Cirque du Soliel
5) Go to Burlesque Show
6) Go to Drag Show
7) Go to Columbus Museum of Art
8) Go to Gallery Hop
9) Get a Massage
10) Get craft room set up in attic.
11) Read/listen to 10 books I have never read (I am up to 5 read)
12) Set up a functional work out schedule
13) Learn to resin cast
14) Update scrapbooks to current (I have fallen behind this year)
15) Learn to solder.
16) Do a personal swap on Craftster
17) Post 10 items to Craftster Boards
18) Craft at least 12 items
19) Buy risque undergarments
20) Hit 60 pounds lost
21) Get a daring hair cut
22) Try Indian food.
23) Have a really good photo taken
24) Go get a makeover in Sephora
25) Get a City of Heroes Character to 40
26) Plan a big birthday party
27) Dare to wear a pencil skirt.

28) Have eyebrows waxed
29) Go rollerskating at least once every 2 weeks
30) ???? 


I have an idea of what hair cut I am going to get, so I feel like I am getting somewhere on that. I know we are seeing Cirque in February, and a lot of things are just going to be planning times to go and finding someone to go with me.


I feel good about this year. I think lots of good, new interesting things are going to happen and I am so ready to embrace everything. Stay tuned. 




Comments

Wulf said…
I love your list! I like the fact that it ranges from things that seem unbelievably ordinary (you've never had Indian food?) to rather undesirable (you want to watch a drag show?) to alarming (eyebrow waxing) to utterly inexplicable ("Get a City of Heroes Character to 40"). It's the most balanced and achievable goal list I've ever seen. I bet you'll do well!

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Betsy's Gypsy Dreams