It's Wednesday already?

I can't believe how quickly this week has gone by. I have been working on getting together a retirement party for one of my co-workers, Mary. I'm glad that my bosses trust me to arrange these parties and such, but really? Every single one. A couple of weeks ago I was on vacation and when I got back they told me " We are having a potluck on Friday and you are arranging it." Oh, okay. So bizarre. Not that I don't appreciate the break from the same old same old. But it can be distracting and make real work hard to do too. Enough with complaining, the party is on Friday and I actually think things are coming together pretty well. I ordered the veggie trays and cheese trays, I have the card going around, the cake is ordered, I bought decorations, we have a plan for buying the gift on Friday...things are coming along. And since I can not resist a chance to craft I decided to create 3 scrapbook pages for guests to sign, as Mary is a scrapbooker. I'm happy with how they turned out.

This weekend is the OSU Renaissance and Medieval Festival and I am so excited because I found out this is a sanctioned Wench event. I am an absolute and complete Renaissance Faire Dork. And several years ago I became a member of the International Wenches Guild (www.wench.org). I am International Wench number 2648. Well in the years that I have been a wench I have never really gotten to do any wench activities, like walks and wenchings, because the guild has no pressence at the Ohio Renaissance Festival, which is my home faire. And travelling has not really been an option for me in the past though I have high hopes for the future. So this could be my first true wenching experience. Very cool and exciting. I will make sure to actually get pics this time.

Comments

Zombie Queen said…
The Renaissance and Medieval Festival sounds like fun!! I've always wanted to go to one. I have a sister in law who is involved with the local one every year. What is a "wenching"?
AlphaBetsy said…
Essentially a wenching is when a group of wenches have a specific target and all descend at the same time bestowing kisses and big red kiss marks on the target. Usually the person is also given a token by the wenches involved to remember the experience. I hope that make sense and doesn't sound scary. :)
Zombie Queen said…
No, that sounds like bunch of fun!!
AlphaBetsy said…
Hopefully there will be lots of picture to follow. :) I'm going to sew up some new garb pieces tonight.
Danni said…
Blessed Beltane! Hope you have an excellent time at the Ren Faire, I'm SO jealous, you have no idea. It's been two years since my last faire and I am in withdrawal. ;)
AlphaBetsy said…
:) I hope you find a faire that's close enough to go. I would be sad if I didn't have one pretty close.

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Betsy's Gypsy Dreams