The Thursday That Feels Like a Saturday.

I had the day off for Veteran's Day but am back to work for Friday. I bet I will be super productive tomorrow... you know, or not. I used my day off to un-decorate the house for Halloween. My Halloween decorations have multiplied since last year, my totes runneth over. I'm not upset about this, actually I am pretty excited about it.

I completely forgot to post that I received the pendulum and book that I won from Rue and Hyssop and they are fantastic. I love them so much. It was actually kind of strange because the pendulum is made of Carnelian, which is a stone I do not typically work with. Then in my WWP Samhain Swap package my partner also sent me some Carnelian. I guess I must need to have that stone around me right now. According to www.charmsoflight.com the properties of Carnelian are as follows:  A stabilising stone, Carnelian restores vitality and motivation, and stimulates creativity.  It gives courage, promotes positive life choices, dispels apathy and motivates for success.  Carnelian is useful for overcoming abuse of any kind.  It helps in trusting yourself and your perceptions.  It overcomes negative conditioning and encourages steadfastness.  Carnelian improves analytic abilities and clarifies perception.  It sharpens concentration and dispels mental lethargy.  Protects against envy, rage and resentment.  Calms anger, banishes emotional negativity and replaces it with a love of life.  Carnelian boosts fertility and stimulates sexuality.
I can definitely see where this may come in handy for me. I will have to start carrying it in my bag for a bit. 


My dad and his wife Lesley are coming over for dinner on Saturday. It will be the first time they have seen Seth and I's house, so I am a little nervous, but very excited. Seth is going to make his famous chicken cheesy rice (guess what the ingredients are) and I think I am going to make some kind of salad. We shall see. 

Comments

Unknown said…
WOW you know a lot about stones ! Impressing !
I enjoyed reading your blog ! You find amazing silver things ! Love it !
I am your newest follower and would love a follow back.
Come say hi when you can !
XO
Frenchy
Nichola said…
I have a wooden pendulum that hates me. Seriously! It's always giving me the wrong answers and I swear that sometimes it just likes yanking my chain. LOL I think you need to post that famous chicken cheesy rice recipe :)

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Mad Tea Party 2013 - and a giveaway