Countdown to Halloween - My Favorite Fictional Witches

I have been slacking in my Countdown to Halloween duties. I am so busy getting ready for Halloween, getting my school work done and, well, working. No excuses though. I promise to get better. Starting Now.

Halloween always makes me think of my favorite ladies, Witches. I have so many favorites from Books, Movies and Television, so today I thought I would share my witches dozen of favorite witches or groups of witches. These are in absolutely no particular order.

1) Willow and Tara - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

2) The Sanderson Sisters - Hocus Pocus

3) Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Og and Magrat Garlick - Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series

4) Mildred Hubble - The Worst Witch (film and books)

5) Rowan Mayfair - The Mayfair Witch books by Anne Rice

6) Nell, Mia and Ripley - The Three Sister's Island Trilogy by Nora Roberts
7) Rachel Morgan - Hollows Series by Kim Harrison
8) The Halliwell Sisters - Charmed
9) Elphaba Thropp - Wicked
10) Eglantine Price - Bedknobs and Broomsticks
11) The Owens Women - Practical Magic (film and book) 
12) Tiffany Aching - Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series
13) Hermione Granger and Minerva Mcgonagall - Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling


Best Witches!!! 

Betsy


Comments

LuLu Kellogg said…
Eeeeeeeeeeek! All of my favorites!!!
Tina said…
Ahhhh, now this was fun! I LOVE Hocus Pocus...huge Bette Midler fan, have been since forever! And those Nora Roberts book - truly magical. I love Charmed also, and Hermione Granger rocks! I must check out some of those other authors too.
Queenie Believe said…
Many of my favorites too. Admittedly I do have a soft spot for Professor Mcgonagall, Dame Maggie is the bestest.
I wonder who our favorite Wizzards might be?
Always,
Queenie
Magaly Guerrero said…
A witchy woman after my own heart. We need to sit and read together, one of these days. I think you'll like Lady Polgara too, by the way... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polgara_the_Sorceress
AlphaBetsy said…
Augh... Magaly...How did I forget Polgara. I love that series. I knew I would forget someone.

We should definitely sit down and read together. :)

Glad to hear people support my favorite witches too.

Popular posts from this blog

Practical Magic and my very first Giveaway

Mad Tea Party 2011

Mad Tea Party 2013 - and a giveaway